Sunshine. Mountains. Moments of joy.
There is more than one way to happiness: Hiking in the Ötztal.
High alpine hikes, casual day tours, mountain and alpine pasture paths, educational trails about flora and fauna and the traces of alpine traditions – in the Ötztal, you can choose from 1,600 hiking kilometers. Probably the most beautiful thing about hiking is pausing for a moment: When, where and as many times as you like.
99 alpine huts, colorful summery alpine pastures, safe bathing lakes, Austria’s highest mountain lake, uncountable gurgling streams or impressive waterfalls serve as excellent stage goals. How about a hiking trip to the Stuibenfall, Tyrol’s highest waterfall?
Wild and romantic, fairytale-like, elemental or within sight of the perpetual ice – hiking around Sölden offers views of amazing landscapes, insights into the natural wonders of the alpine world and paths that are marked with 13,000 direction signs, of course divided into three levels of difficulty.
Those even more thirsty for knowledge and hungry for adventures can learn about glaciers, geology, ecology or minerals while hiking, discover chapel paths and legend trails or try barefoot hiking. In short: There is plenty of variety – for a long weekend, a vacation or two. Actually for an entire hiking life.
Enthusiasm demands to be shared. We, your hosts Michaela Mader and Christoph Simonich, are real alpine enthusiasts. We have discovered the Ötztal in a delightful and sporty way, for us as well as for you – on mountain bikes, skis, or while climbing. But especially during hiking. We know with which tour you will always stay on the sunny side, where to find rustic alpine huts with phenomenal views and culinary delights, which tour is the most beautiful in which season, and where families or alpinists feel most at home: On their way to hiking happiness.
Your benefits with us:
- Bus stop right on the doorstep
- Timetable of public transport and cable cares available for free
- Free Ötztal Premium Card included
- Five mountain lakes to be reached directly from the Chalet
- xxx alpine huts to be reached on foot directly from the Chalet
- 300 kilometers of marked hiking trails solely around Sölden, 1,600 kilometers in the Ötztal
- Upon request: Insiders’ tips for all tastes and levels of difficulty
- Upon request: Information on personal mountain guides and group hikes
- Upon request: Support in the planning of tours
- Upon request: Active breakfast
- Upon request: Bagged lunch
- Upon request: Massages for before and after