A climber’s paradise: The Ötztal in Tyrol.
The Ötztal is almost 70 kilometers long and towered by over 250 three-thousanders. For traditional alpinists and summiteers, these are already countless highlights to be conquered.
Sport climbers appreciate highs of a different kind. The way up is the destination: Mastering difficulties on the rock, overcoming limits, conquering demanding routes and surpassing oneself. Again and again.
The climbing scene has declared the Ötztal the perfect area and a granite hotspot for sport climbers on all levels. With good reason. The facts and figures speak for themselves: 20 climbing crags offer 750 official single-pitch routes with a wide range of routes graded from 5 to 7 and just as many routes between 8 and 11. 58 demanding multi-pitch routes and eight via ferratas – from easy to extremely hard – fascinate more and more climbers from all over the world. In the midst of original alpine nature, both fun and performance increase. And if the weather does not play along, four indoor climbing gyms are available for beginners as well as pros.
Made for highlights and highs: Our Chalet Resort in Sölden.
We live our passion for mountaineering and climbing. And we are happy to share our knowledge. Ask us for family-friendly tours, climbing courses or the biggest challenges the Ötztal has to offer. We really know the scene.
- Climbing info corner with information about the climbing offers and possibilities in the region (crags, guides, topos)
- Printed topos of the crags in the Ötztal at free disposal
- A list of sports shops and equipment rentals with opening hours and addresses
- A list of climbing schools in the region as well as opening hours and addresses
- Public transport schedule (buses and cable cars)
- International and national specialist journals (e.g. Klettern, Climax, Bergsteiger, Land der Berge)
- Weather info: Current weather report with 3-5 day forecast
- Upon request: First-hand tour tips
- Upon request: Active breakfast
- Upon request: Bagged lunch
- Upon request: Massages for before and after
- Upon request: Climbing-specific nutrition advice (for better build-up of strength)
- Upon request: Training plan
- Upon request: Presentation of climbing areas – for your individual requirements